Information Collected by Pushudo:
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable you, the user, to receive, send, discover, view and archive links to the internet content you, your friend and family find interesting. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our Pushudo.com users:
1) Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: Although registration is not required to receive links on this site, registering will allow you to take advantage of many of our features, which include but are not limited to sending links and consolidating e-mail addresses under one account. Registration also is required to activate and manipulate Pushudo.com’s built in security and privacy engine. As part of the registration form, we require select personal information (including a login name, password, your time zone, and your (and others) email addresses.
- Pushudo.com reserves the right to modify any submitted URL for any reason at any time and without notice.
2) Automatic Information
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Pushudo.com received and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser, including your IP address (We may use such IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, track movement within our website and, if necessary, deny service in accordance with our Terms of Service), Pushudo.com cookie information (A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to a user's browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a user's computer hard drive), and the page you requested. Pushudo.com uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Many companies offer programs that help you visit websites anonymously. While Pushudo.com will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are readily available.
Pushudo.com is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit consent, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information’ section below. Pushudo.com may send out Pushudos, or other email correspondence with Pushudo-related news, products, surveys, or promotions. Given the nature of Pushudo.com, you may receive e-mails from other users sending your links to internet content they think you will enjoy. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us you may opt-out at any time using links sent through every email correspondence or in your account settings (if you have an account with us). However, please note that in all cases you may still continue to receive system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords and legal notices such as updates to our policies) from us, when appropriate.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Pushudo.com cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information other than your Pushudo Account ID and/or e-mail address to tell us who you are.
Sharing Your Information
Because Pushudo.com enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Pushudo.com is an integral part of the Pushudo.com experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
Pushudo.com Personnel: Pushudo.com personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information only if necessary in the normal course of Pushudo.com business.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Pushudo.com, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
Social Sharing of Data: Pushudo.com allows other users to browse stories that you have “Pushudoed”. This information is made available via your User Profile.
API: Pushudo.com will allow third parties access to all Pushudo.com data that is already publicly available through the Pushudo.com website. Pushudo.com will keep private any passwords and information already deemed private and protected.
Syndication: Pushudo.com allows for the RSS syndication of all its public content within the Pushudo.com website.
With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
Your Pushudo.com account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display, and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as sending or “Pushing” new links.
By visiting your User settings, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website as well as use our advanced privacy and security settings to control (among other things) who can send you pushudos and to where these pushudos can be received.
You may request deletion of your Pushudo.com account by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Pushudo.com users, you may change your Email Preferences from within your User settings if you have an account from us, or you can opt-out using a link that is included in all email correspondence sent to your email address.
However, please note that you may continue to receive all system e-mails and legal notices from us.
As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new and third party cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our cooler features, nor will you be able to login to any account in our system.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be thirteen (13) years or older to register to use the Pushudo.com website. As a result, Pushudo.com does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Pushudo.com has collected information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the age of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Pushudo.com or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the internet.
Conditions of Use